Monday, July 27, 2009

Week 4

Favorites from week four in Kalamazoo.

I've been shooting a LOT of food since I've been here. We have a section called Dining Out that I get at least one assignment for a week. Here is some of the food from this week.

_MG_8135

(That wasn't for an assignment. I just thought it looked cool.)

_MG_8158

_MG_8183

_MG_8186

These two are from Island City Fest in Plainwell, Mich. This year they featured an antique tractor and farm implements show.

.jpg

.jpg

The next two are from a jazz concert I shot on Friday. Helen Sung is an incredible jazz pianist. I say this knowing nothing about jazz, but it sounded good to me.

AE_Helensung.jpg

AE_Helensung.jpg

This last picture is from the first funeral I've had to photograph. I felt bad being there. I tried to be as respectful as possible. I stayed behind a small wall and used a long lens. I think I maybe shot 30 frames the entire time. This is one I really like, but almost felt bad for shooting. The McDonough family embraces each other at Robert McDonough's funeral Saturday. The funeral for the Fabius Township supervisor and former Three Rivers mayor was held Saturday at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Three Rivers. The church was nearly full of McDonough's family and friends.

LOC_Mcdonoughfuneral.jpg

Any critique/criticism/snide remarks are appreciated.

OH YEA! Check out the video I made of Terry Cleary from the week 2 entry. Sorry the editing is a little rough, I'm still learning the program. Any feedback on that would be awesome.

No comments: