Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Week 5

Here are my favorite photos from week five of my internship at the Kalamazoo Gazette.

The first is from the Kalamazoo Country Club Invitational golf tournament. This was the first time I ever photographed golf. It's a pretty different sport. I did come away from it with this picture.

SPRT_KCCinvite.jpg

One day I was getting ready to walk in the door at work and got a call from my editor telling me to go photograph a wreck at the intersection of West Main and Drake Road. Thankfully no one was injured. This man, D.J. Rush, walked away with only minor scratches on his arm.

LOC_wmainanddrake.jpg

This is the start to a small project I'm working on about The Lonesome Moonlight Trio. The band performs at the Cooper Café in Cooper Township every Wednesday and Saturday. They're really great guys and play great bluegrass music. I'm working on putting together a short audio slideshow once I gather more content.

LOC_bluegrass.jpg

LOC_bluegrass.jpg

LOC_bluegrass.jpg

LOC_bluegrass.jpg

LOC_bluegrass.jpg

Let me know what you think!

No comments: